Award-winning bare-metal to services lifecycle manager
How Robin MDCAP works
Use cases for Robin MDCAP
Bare-metal-as-a-service, lifecycle management
Bring cloud agility to your bare-metal infrastructure. Automate all bare-metal lifecycle management tasks from auto-detecting, assessing readiness, installing, policy modeling, configuring and setting up BIOS, OS, FPGA, GPU, firmware, storage and networking.
Centrally manage servers deployed in a large network across thousands of edge locations. MDCAP has a small footprint that can also be deployed at scale in production environments, managing hundreds of thousands of bare-metal servers.
Cloud platform lifecycle management
Multi-site and multi-cluster is the norm in both 5G, RAN and MEC services. MDCAP is multi-cluster-aware and can simultaneously run in multiple data centers. With MDCAP, you can deploy Robin CNP locally, in the cloud, regionally, at the edge, at the far edge and in public clouds such as AWS, EKS and Azure in minutes, with the click of a button.
RAN Core and MEC-as-a-Service
Bring up an entire cell site in minutes with zero-touch deployment and configuration automation. Works with leading O-RAN vendors. 1-click migrations from core to edge and far edge. Deployed in production to run 4G/5G RAN, packet core and numerous MEC services.
Advanced monitoring and planning tools
MDCAP and CNP together provide deep insight into all elements: physical resources, cloud platform, NFs and services. Furthermore, they can correlate and display views across any strata from a full drilldown to a solution-wide, multi-cluster view. Perform blast radius analyses to model migration, degradation or failure scenarios from health -> site -> cluster -> service -> NF ->resources-> connectivity -> policies.
Method Of Procedures (MOPs) management
Define any step-by-step sequence for performing virtually any task. Manage the lifecycle of physical devices, such as radios, sensors and networking appliances and controllers. Kick off troubleshooting tasks, automatically notify the teams or customers of outages and resolutions. Run manually, as batch jobs or triggered by a policy engine.
Multitenancy and roles-based access
MDCAP enables cloud hosting with shared resources, user self-service and -as-a-service applications. MDCAP is built from the ground up to be multi-tenant. There is no need to run a separate instance for every business entity. For further segregation and deployment flexibility, MDCAP has granular roles-based access (RBAC) that can be customized for each tenant.
Why customers choose Robin MDCAP
- Automate bare-metal server management from OS, BIOSs, FPGAs, GPUs, networking, storage and Kubernetes installation, setup and upgrade. Do in minutes what takes days and weeks. Built-in IPXE, image registry and highly scalable and parallel engine means you can manage 10s of thousands of bare-metal servers even in air gapped environments with ease.
- MDCAP's built-in graphical workflow studio or APIs allow you to write highly customizable workflows to automate network element management (servers, network switches, applications, etc). With built-in Redfish, REST, Netconf, GRPC, SSH, Ansible.
- MDCAP's resource modeling, NF onboarding and policy engine hooks not only provide notification, but also enable you to proactively design and automate through network transitions.
- Robin MDCAP has a small footprint, but is designed for predictable scale, where you can easily scale up or scale down MDCAP instances to accommodate any solution.
- Robin MDCAP enables cross domain and multi-vendor solutions, with 1-click application onboarding and support for both VMs and containers, with dozens of pre-integrated solutions.
- Robin MDCAP enables multi-data centers and multi-clusters views. Drill down on events and notifications.. Perform blast-radius analysis on application resources, Kubernetes clusters, network connectivity and so on.
- 1-click deploy complex application services across thousands of edge and cloud environments. Define an entire application service template that runs in a single edge location or across multiple edge locations. Just define compute, network and storage resource requirements, application configuration and placement constraints and let MDCAP take care of the rest.
- Use cloud agility to deploy 4G and 5G RAN (DU, CU, Radio Controller), AMF, UPF etc. on COTS hardware. Centralized orchestration of hundreds of thousands of cell-sites and base-band units. Deploy in minutes. Scale to a million nodes.