Cloud-Native Software-Defined Orchestration
Solutions brief for 5G & LTE for Core Networks
Automate your 4G/5G services applications on Kubernetes
Improve RAN bare-metal performance
Bring cloud agility to your bare-metal infrastructure, orchestrate and automate its full life cycle. Rapidly tune your servers for maximum throughput and lowest latency. Discover, assess readiness, install and configure BIOS, OS, storage, FPGAs, GPUs, networking and Kubernetes.
Improve site density, CNF-containers and VNFs-VMs in the same cluster
One cloud platform to run both CNFs and VNFs with fully shared resources on the same cluster. Fewer cloud platforms to install and manage, better resource utilization (critical for edge DCs) and fewer operational procedures. Service chain both CNFs and VNFs together, with complete flexibility. VMs run 30% faster than on OpenStack and other legacy platforms – this is customer-proven.
RAN- and Core-as-a-Service
Model and reuse complete cell and core site policies. Bring up an entire location in minutes with zero-touch deployment orchestration and configuration automation – works with leading O-RAN vendors. Deployed in production to run 5G and 4G RAN and packet core services on a unified infrastructure and operations platform.
Provider-grade, advanced networking that improves NF performance
High-performance networking optimized for RAN NFs (both DU, CU and controllers), 5G Core, UPF and more. Supports multiple underlay options, including SR-IOV, that provides redundant, high-throughput and low-latency networking, as well as OVS for reliable connectivity to existing external OSS, BSS, policy engines, monitoring and logging systems. Supports dual-mode IPv4/IPv6 and source-based routing.
Methods Of Procedures (MOPs) management
Define any step-by-step sequence for performing virtually any task. Manage the life cycle of physical devices, such as radios, sensors and networking appliances. Kick off troubleshooting tasks, automatically notify the teams or customers of outages and resolutions. Run manually, as batch jobs or triggered by a policy engine.
Advanced monitoring and planning tools
MDCAP and CNP together provide deep insight into all elements: physical resources, cloud platform, NFs and services. Furthermore, they can correlate and display views across any strata from a full drilldown to a solution-wide, multi-cluster view. Perform blast radius analyses to model migration, degradation or failure scenarios from health -> site -> cluster -> service -> NF ->resources-> connectivity -> policies
Central control plane to manage all Kubernetes clusters
Bring up an entire cell site in minutes with zero-touch deployment and configuration automation. Works with leading O-RAN vendors, where many are pre-integrated. Deployed in production at a leading service provider to run their 5G and 4G RAN and packet core services.
Why customers choose Robin for RAN deployments
- Deploy complex storage- and network-intensive apps to edge clusters with ease. Reduce the number of cloud platforms you need at the edge, running both VMs and containers. Run VMs 30% faster than legacy platforms. Scalable automation of rollout, upgrade, and auto-heal apps at edge locations, with small footprint.
- Use cloud agility to deploy 4G and 5G RAN (DU, CU, Radio Controller), AMF, UPF etc. on COTS hardware. Centralized orchestration of tens of thousands of cell-sites and base-band units. Deploy in minutes. Scale to a million nodes.
- Common platform to run containers and VMs. Run containers and virtual machines on Kubernetes directly on bare-metal. Consistent and common life cycle management of containers and virtual machines.
- Automate bare-metal server management from OS, Bios, networking, storage and Kubernetes installation, setup and upgrade. Do in minutes what takes days and weeks. Built-in IPXE, image registry and highly scalable and parallel engine mean you can manage 100s of thousands of bare-metal servers even in air-gapped environments with ease.
- Robin MDCAP enables cross domain and multi-vendor, with 1-click application onboarding and support for both VMs and containers. Dozens of pre-integrated solutions.
- Robin MDCAP enables multi-data centers and multi-clusters views. Drill down on events and notifications. Perform blast-radius analysis on application resources, Kubernetes clusters, network connectivity and so on.