Improve RAN bare-metal performance
Bring cloud agility to your bare-metal infrastructure; orchestrate and automate its full lifecycle. Rapidly tune your servers for maximum throughput and lowest latency. Discover, assess readiness, install and configure BIOS, OS, Storage, FPGAs, GPUs, networking and Kubernetes.
Improve site density, CNF-containers and VNFs-VMs in the same cluster
One cloud platform to run both CNFs and VNFs with fully shared resources on the same cluster. Fewer cloud platforms to install and manage, better resource utilization (critical for edge DCs) and fewer operational procedures. Service chain both CNFs and VNFs together, with complete flexibility. VMs run 30% faster than on OpenStack and other legacy platforms; this is customer proven.
Next-generation resource modeling
Easy-to-use resource declarative modeling tools that describe your resources, CPUs, memory NUMA affinity/anti-affinity, overlay/underlay networks and more. Robin tools take these modeled policies and doall of the configuration for you and then reusethem over the lifecycle of the service, automatically. Pre-position policies for any number of edge sites, resource configurations and networking options
Provider-grade, advanced networking that improves application performance
High-performance networking optimized for mission critical MEC applications and RAN NFs. Supports multiple underlay options, including SR-IOV, that provides redundant, high-throughput and low-latency networking, as well as OVS for reliable connectivity to existing external OSS, BSS, policy engines, monitoring and logging systems. Supports dual-mode IPv4/IPv6 and source-based routing.
Rapidly deploy with -as-a-Service provisioning
Model and reuse complete application and site policies. Bring up an entire location in minutes with zero-touch deployment orchestration and configuration automation – one-click from many pre-onboarded MEC applications.
Advanced monitoring and planning tools
MDCAP + CNP provides deep insight into all elements: physical resources, cloud platform, NFs and services. Furthermore, it can correlate and display views across any strata from a full drilldown to a solution-wide, multi-cluster view. Perform blast radius analyses to model migration, degradation or failure scenarios from health -> site -> cluster -> service -> NF ->resources-> connectivity -> policies.
Secure application hosting with multi-tenancy and roles-based access and charging
MDCAP enables cloud hosting with shared resources, user self-service and -as-a-service applications. MDCAP is built from the ground up to be multi-tenant. There is no need to run a separate instance for every business entity. For further segregation and deployment flexibility, MDCAP has granular roles-based access that can be customized for each tenant. Detailed metrics are collected and logged and exported for granular chargeback.
Central control plane to manage all Kubernetes clusters
Bring up an entire site in minutes with zero-touch deployment and configuration automation. Works with leading vendors, where many are pre-integrated. Deployed in production at a leading service providerto run their MEC applications, 5G/4G RAN and packet core services.
Method Of Procedures (MOPs) management
Define any step-by-step sequence for performing virtually any task. Manage the lifecycle of physical devices, such as radios, sensors and networking appliances and controllers. Kick-off troubleshooting tasks, automatically notify the teams or customers of outages and resolutions. Run manually, as batch jobs or triggered by a policy engine.
Why customers choose Robin for MEC deployments
- Deploy complex storage- and network-intensive apps to edge clusters with ease. Reduces the number of cloud platforms you need at the edge, running both VMs and containers. Run VMs 30% faster than legacy platforms. Scalable automation of rollout, upgrade, and auto heal apps at edge locations. Small footprint.
- Use cloud agility to deploy MEC edge apps alongside 4G and 5G RAN, on COTS hardware. Centralized orchestration of hundreds of thousands of cell-sites and base-band units. Deploy in minutes. Scale to a million nodes.
- Common platform to run containers and VMs. Run containers and virtual machines on Kubernetes directly on bare metal. Consistent and common lifecycle management of containers and virtual machines.
- Automate bare-metal server management from OS, BIOSs, FPGAs, GPUs, networking, storage and Kubernetes installation, setup and upgrade. Do in minutes what takes days and weeks. Built-in IPXE, Image registry and highly scalable and parallel engine means you can manage 100s of thousands of bare-metal servers even in air gapped environments with ease.
- Robin MDCAP enables cross-domain and multi-vendor, with 1-click application onboarding and support for both VMs and containers. Dozens of pre-integrated solutions.
- Robin MDCAP enables multi-data centers and multi-clusters views. Drill down on events and notifications. Perform blast-radius analysis on application resources, Kubernetesclusters, network connectivity and so on.