Cloud-Native Software-Defined Orchestration
of Open RAN
Solutions brief for providers and integrators
Bring cloud agility to deploy and manage disaggregated RAN
Robin MDCAP Architecture
Policy driven management of SR-IOV, DPDK, NUMA, CPU pinning, real-time kernel support – all without writing a single line of code.
Improve RAN bare-metal performance
Bring cloud agility to your bare-metal infrastructure, orchestrate and automate its full lifecycle. Rapidly tune your servers for maximum throughput and lowest latency. Discover, assess readiness, install and configure BIOS, OS, Storage, FPGAs, GPUs, networking and Kubernetes.
Improve site density, CNF-containers and VNFs-VMs in the same cluster
One cloud platform to run both CNFs and VNFs with fully shared resources, on the same cluster. Fewer cloud platforms to install and manage, better resource utilization (critical for edge DCs) and fewer operational procedures. Service chain both CNFs and VNFs together, with complete flexibility. VMs run 30% faster than on OpenStack and other legacy platforms – customer proven.
Rapidly deploy RAN- and Core-as-a-Service
Model and reuse complete cell and core site policies. Bring up an entire location in minutes with zero-touch deployment orchestration and configuration automation – works with leading O-RAN vendors. Deployed in production to run 5G and 4G RAN and packet core services on a unified infrastructure and operations platform.
Provider-grade, advanced networking that improves NF performance
High-performance networking optimized for mobility NFs (both DU, CU and controllers), UPF, 5G Core and more. Supports multiple underlay options, including SR-IOV, that provides redundant, high-throughput and low-latency networking, as well as OVS for reliable connectivity to existing external OSS, BSS, policy engines, monitoring and logging systems. Supports dual-mode IPv4/IPv6 and source-based routing.
Methods Of Procedures (MOPs) management
Define any step-by-step sequence for performing virtually any task. Manage the lifecycle of physical devices, such as radios, sensors and networking appliances and controllers. Kick off troubleshooting tasks, automatically notify the teams or customers of outages and resolutions. Run manually, as batch jobs or triggered by a policy engine.
Advanced monitoring and planning tools
MDCAP and CNP together provide deep insight into all elements: physical resources, cloud platform, NFs and services. Furthermore, it can correlate and display views across any strata from a full drilldown to a solution-wide, multi-cluster view. Perform blast radius analyses to model migration, degradation or failure scenarios from health -> site -> cluster -> service -> NF ->resources-> connectivity -> policies.
Central control plane to manage all Kubernetes clusters
Bring up an entire cell site in minutes with zero-touch deployment and configuration automation. Works with leading O-RAN vendors, where many are pre-integrated. Deployed in production at a leading service provider to run their 5G and 4G RAN and packet core services.
Why customers choose Robin
Open-source Kubernetes platform optimized for running storage- and network-intensive applications
- Deploy complex storage- and network-intensive apps to edge clusters with ease. Reduces the number of cloud platforms you need at the edge , running both VMs and containers. Run VMs 30% faster than legacy platforms. Scalable automation of rollout, upgrade, and auto-heal apps at edge locations, with small footprint.
- Use cloud agility to deploy 4G and 5G RAN (DU, CU, Radio Controller), AMF, UPF etc. on COTS hardware. Centralized orchestration of hundreds of thousands of cell-sites and base-band units. Deploy in minutes. Scale to a million nodes.
- Common platform to run containers and VMs. Run containers and virtual machines on Kubernetes directly on bare-metal. Consistent and common lifecycle management of containers and virtual machines.
- Automate bare-metal server management from OS, BIOSs, FPGAs, GPUs, networking, storage and Kubernetes installation, setup and upgrade. Do in minutes what takes days and weeks. Built-in IPXE, image registry and highly scalable and parallel engine mean you can manage 100s of thousands of bare-metal servers even in air gapped environments with ease.
- Robin MDCAP enables cross domain and multi-vendor, with 1-click application onboarding and support for both VMs and containers. Dozens of pre-integrated solutions.
- Robin MDCAP enables multi-data centers and multi-clusters views. Drill down on events and notifications. Perform blast-radius analysis on application resources, K8s clusters, network connectivity etc.