Senior Software Engineer – Orchestration
Robin.io is seeking a talented software engineer to join our core platform, engineering group. S/he will design and own features within the Robin orchestration engine. Kubernetes, Containers, network (OVS, VxLAN), app/user management, Resource allocation, job/task management, template engine, API design/implementation are just some of the areas of focus. Eligible candidates should have experience developing server-side applications using thread-safe programming, database manipulation and asynchronous programming techniques.
About Robin Systems
Robin is a well-funded enterprise software startup offering the industry’s most sophisticated application automation platform which is used in the world’s first Open 5G RAN launch. Robin provides a platform to manage big data, NoSQL, ML/AI, database, and telco applications on Kubernetes while significantly reducing infrastructure costs. We combine various technologies including Kubernetes, distributed storage, networking, and application workflow management to deliver a revolutionary product to the market. We consistently amaze our customers with the functionality and usability of our product.
- Design and implement core components of the orchestration stack which is responsible for production 5G deployments and guarantees high performance and high reliability (consider a lot of 9’s)
- Optimize application for high performance
- Learn a lot about distributed systems software and Kubernetes
- Work closely with customers on designing/developing features
- Extend Kubernetes to add features required for production-grade deployments.
- Very strong in one of Python, Golang, or related programming languages
- Very strong in server-side, multi-threaded programming
- Very strong in data structures and algorithms
- Asynchronous programming, REST APIs and Database design (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Having experience working with Kubernetes, public clouds, or contributed to Kubernetes is a bonus!